Thursday, October 27, 2005

Love is a Higher Law

Intanku’s mom called a few days ago.  It had been a few months since she last called.  May be it was the festive mood and her thought was on Intanku.  But ironically, she never asked about Intanku.  She was more interested in how I was doing in life, my career, my love life and stuff.  And, I answered her matter-of-factly.  
Only when I mentioned about Intanku that she started to sound depressed.  I asked her how she could stand not seeing Intanku for more than two years and silence was her only answer.  May be she was afraid of me, after all that she had done.
Many times I told her that I am past all that already; that I am done chasing the ghost of her.  There is no more hatred in me towards her.  All I want is for Intanku to be close to her real mom.  Whatever happened between me and her will not change the fact that Intanku is her daughter, her own flesh and blood.  If she fails to come to see Intanku, I will bring Intanku to her this Raya.  The only problem is I don’t know her whereabouts.  Hopefully she’s in her hometown and I will make it a Raya to remember.

No comments: