Friday, September 23, 2005

Big Movie on a single 700MB CD

I Watched the Marksman last night.  It was a crap! Wesley Snipe used to be so good at doing his stuff but I wonder why he chose to star in the B-grade movie.  Anyway, it was good to see Emma Sams back again after her long hiatus in the movie industry.  She looked kinda aged though.

Actually I just got myself a collection of newly released movies and also old ones burned on cds.  Don’t ask me where I managed to get all the hot stuff.  It was nice to enjoy the movies in the comfort of my home in front of the PC.  My daughter was a little annoying though.  She kept insisting on watching the Incredibles over and over again.  Only after 11:00pm that I had the chance to enjoy the movies.  Here’s the list:

1.     The Transporter II
2.     The Marksman
3.     The Wedding Crasher
4.     Van Helsing
5.     Toy Story
6.     007 – The World is Not Enough
7.     Judgment Night
8.     Robocop 3
9.     Finding Nemo

I was impressed at how the one-hour- thirty-minutes movies each could be squeezed into a single 700MB CD.  Normally, a movie will take 2 CDs (in VCD .dat format).  But this .avi lets a movie fit into a single CD without losing the picture quality, with good stereo sound at that.

Here’s my all time favorites (in no preferential order):

1.     The Last of The Mohicans
2.     Stargate (the movie, of course)
3.     The LOTR trilogy
4.     The Matrix Trilogy
5.     The Star Wars Trilogy
6.     Dirty Dancing (due to its nice soundtracks)
7.     Forest Gump
8.     The Saint (Val Kilmer)
9.     Groundhog Day
10.     Saving Private Ryan

The list is actually non-exhaustive but that’s all I can think of right now.  Now, back to the Marksman.  If you haven’t watched the movie, heed my advice, don’t watch it.  Not worth your time and money.     


        

No comments: